The English Literature Department of The North Bohemian Research Library
What do I need to register in the library?
- Proof of identity
- Registration fee
- ID card format photograph
- Proof of studies
- To know The Library Rules of SVKUL and agree with its terms and conditions
Basic and complete price list of North Bohemian Research Library in Ústí nad Labem here.
- Loan services
- Cambridge exams
- Cambridge exams pre-testing centre
- Methodology workshops for teachers
- Cultural and educational events
- Public internet access point
- Copy service
- Information service
- School visits
- 8 study places
What kind of books are available in English Literature Department?
- Contemporary and classical British fiction and poetry for adults and children as well
- British non-fiction concerner with variable subjects
- British realia and realia of English speaking countries
- Preparation textbooks for Cambridge exams and Past papers
- General English textbooks supplemented with all components for all levels and age categories
- Business English and ESP textbooks
- ELT handbooks
- Easy readers also supplemented with audio material
- Explanatory and picture dictionaries
- Travel guides
The Library of America Collection
The Library of America Gift Set Programme – We received collection of books published by The Library of America from the U.S. Embassy (link to the collection is here).
The Library of America (www.loa.org) is a nonprofit publisher established 1979 whose mission is to foster greater appreciation and pride in America’s literary heritage by publishing, and keeping permanently in print, authoritative editions of America’s best and most significant writing. There are currently 220 volumes in the full series, which Newsweek magazine has called “the most important book publishing project in the nation’s history.”
The Nippon Fundation
The Nippon Foundation’s “Read Japan” program sponsors an annual Book Donation Project that donates 100 books to libraries outside of Japan. The purpose of the book collection is “to help non-Japanese readers better understand contemporary Japan.” Some of these books are already held by the North Bohemian Research Library. Look for a specific book title in our library catalogue.
list of acquisitions here